Subject  SFF Year-end Dinner with Lecture by Dr. JEONG Eun-Bo, Vice Chairman, Financial Services Commission (FSC)
Writer  sff Date  2017-02-21 Hit 293
Content

November 23, 2016

Year-end Dinner with Lecture by Dr. JEONG Eun-Bo
Vice Chairman, Financial Services Commission (FSC)

Dear Members:

I'd like to express my heartfelt gratitude to everyone for your continued support over the past year and would like to wish you and your families a happy and restful New Year.

To close out what has been an eventful year, the Seoul Financial Forum will be holding a Year-end Dinner with a lecture by the Vice Chairman of the FSC, Mr. JEONG Eun-Bo on the evening of December 16. Dr. Jeong will speak on the topic, "Korea's Financial Markets: Current Status and Challenges". Details of the dinner are as follows:

Time & Date: 6:30-8:50 pm, Friday, December 16, 2016
Venue: Ara II Room, 6th Floor, Four Seasons Hotel Seoul (Gwanghwamun)
* Please note that the dinner will not be at our usual venue.
Topic of the Lecture: Korea's Financial Markets: Current Status and Challenges
Program:
6:30-7:00 pm: Cocktails
7:00-7:50 pm: Dinner
7:50-8:30 pm: Lecture
8:30-8:50 pm: Q&A
Note: As Dr. Jeong will speak in Korean, simultaneous translation is to be provided.

In addition to his duties as Vice Chairman of the FSC, Dr. Jeong, also serves as Chairman of the Securities and Futures Commission, which is responsible for ensuring transparency and fairness in the capital markets. Previously, Dr. Jeong was Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Strategy and Finance (April 2013 - January 2016) and Secretary General of the Financial Services Commission (July 2012 - April 2013). Prior to these positions, he also served as Director General of the Financial Policy Bureau at the FSC (May 2010 - February 2012) and Director General for International Policy at MOSF (March 2008 -February 2010). He also taught economics at Sungkyunkwan University as a contract professor. After graduating from Seoul National University (SNU) in 1983 with a B.A. in business administration, Dr. Jeong received his M.A. in business administration from SNU in 1986 and Ph.D. in economics from Ohio State University in 1996.

As I hope and believe the upcoming dinner will be helpful as we round up the eventful year, I encourage everyone to take the time to please attend.

As always, your advance confirmation would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

Sang-Woo Kim
Executive Director